P&I Clubs are special insurances for shipping matters. They first were established in the United Kingdom. P&I Clubs in general are covering risks that are not covered by hull underwriters. Which risks are covered can be taken from the relevant P&I policy. Only those risks are covered which are named in the policy.
Typical examples are:
- supplements to the hull insurance (e.g. damage to the vessel which is not covered by the hull insurance)
- supplements to the liability for collisions
- damage to cargo and loss of cargo
- liability for wrecks
- damage on account of oil pollution
- bodily injury and
- penalties and monetary fines
O&W is acting on behalf of P&I Clubs. We can help you with the defense of claims that your Club members are faced with and we take the necessary recourse. On the other side O&W is also advising ship-owners for their P&I insurance.
Dieser Artikel wurde am 22. January 2015 erstellt. Er wurde am 13. April 2019 aktualisiert. Die fachliche Zweitprüfung hat Rechtsanwalt Dr. Tristan Wegner durchgeführt.